Do you use hashtags on Instagram?
If not, Should you start using hashtags in your Instagram postd? Can hashtags help you increase your reach and engagement?
Hashtags, when used correctly are the bomb 🎉. And yup they absolutely CAN increase your reach and engagement. Here are a few tips on how to use and really optimise hashtags on Instagram:
Instagram Hashtags Do’s & Don’ts:
- AVOID using general hashtags such as #love #girl #flower. These general keywords get lost amongst all the other photos linked to that tag.
- AVOID using hashtags that are banned or that are spammy (eg.”follow4follow”)
- ALTERNATE between a few different hashtag sets to target different demographic groups. Save your hashtag sets into your social media planner of choice – eg. Pallyy
- FOLLOW specific hashtags to discover new accounts and reach new customers.
- Use Hashtags in your STORIES to increase your chances of being discovered by new audiences
- MONITOR popular keywords & hashtags. Instagram analytics tools can help you improve contrent reach and plan better campaigns in the future. I like to track my hahstgas using Pallyy’s Top Hashtags feature.
Examples of keywords to monitor on Instagram:
- Trending keywords – research the keywords that are specifically mentioned with your brand and social media profiles. This can help you plan future ad campaigns.
- Keywords that rank well. Look at your Instagram insights and find out what are your most used hashtags? And out of them which keywords drive the most engagement? This data shows what is currently working in the market and can help you benchmark future campaigns.
- Look at your competitors. Analytics tools can show you how often to they post and which hashtags they use. What are their most used hashtags? Which are their most engaged hashtags? How often do they respond to comments?
Now that you understand better the power of these little ones, start hashtagging guys!✨
…aaand don’t forget to have a great weekend! 💙