Your Blog is a Powerful Marketing Tool – and it can help you bring more traffic to your website Ever wondered why so many businesses choose to have a blog? […]
Your Blog is a Powerful Marketing Tool – and it can help you bring more traffic to your website
Ever wondered why so many businesses choose to have a blog?
While it takes a lot of work building a successful blog, it’s still a great tactic to bring more traffic to your website.
A common misconception is that “Blogging is not only for travel lovers” or people who have a hobby.
Yes, you can find plenty of travel blogs and other personal interests blogs on the internet.
But a business blog is a powerful marketing tool, the same as your email marketing or social media marketing.
What is Business Blogging?
Business blogging is a form of content marketing that uses blogging to attract more visitors to your business.
It also helps you get more visibility online and position yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
But, I’m not sure whether my business needs a blog
Isn’t social media marketing enough?
Here’s where many business owners get it wrong.
Social media platforms (like Instagram and Facebook) are great tools for building brand awareness.
On social media, you’re showing your potential customers that you’re a real and genuine person thus building trust.
But that’s not enough.
People encounter mainly problems in their daily life – and it’s safe to say they want to learn how to solve these problems.
So where do they go to?
If you have a blog that ranks well on Google, you can take advantage of this.
Maintaining a blog and educating your audience by sharing valuable tutorials and detailed steps to help them solve a problem will help you turn visitors into clients.
Everyone, including your clients, is trying to learn something new, get better at something or get inspired by others – and that is truly the purpose of a business blog.
Want to know how to bring more traffic to your website?
A blog is part of your inbound marketing strategy
In inbound marketing, there are three stages of customer acquisition depicted below. As a marketer, your goal is to attract new prospects to your business, engage with them at scale, and delight them individually.
Your blog is a key component in the “attraction” stage.
In this stage, you want to attract people who are most likely to become a paying customer in the future.
Your blog will help you filter the random people from those that are going to be making a purchase in the future.
Examples of blogs you can write to attract your ideal customers include
- a guide on how to use your product
- information about how your solution can solve their challenges
- customer case studies
- before and afters
- customer reviews
“47% of people consume 3-5 pieces of content before opting in for a service or buying a product” – Hubspot
Here’s how to bring more traffic to your website with a business blog
- It drives traffic to your website. Websites with a blog have 434% more indexed pages on Google. That means more chances for your clients to find you!
- A blog is shareable. Educational information will be shared by readers on social media helping you gain more traffic. So, every time you write a blog, you create content that people can share with their friends on social media.
- Your blog is a content bank. You can always repurpose a blog and break it down into smaller pieces of information. Eg. a typical blog post has 5-10 points which you can share as individual posts on Instagram.
- Your blog helps to convert your website traffic into leads. Anyone who reads your blog is a warm audience – a potential customer. People who read your blogs are more likely to opt-in for a service or buy a product you’re selling.
- You position yourself as an authority in your industry – a thought leader. So people who read your blogs will naturally build trust in you and your brand and perceive you as someone who has a lot of knowledge and experience in your industry.
- A blog has a long-term shelf life. Unlike your social media posts that stop bringing new traffic after 24 hours of your post, blog posts are a sustainable traffic source. For weeks, months and years to come your blog will bring targeted traffic & leads to your business. My blog post “How to Write Killer Instagram Captions” has generated 1,218 views and 197 new email sign-ups since Aug 2019. And it will continue to generate new leads for years to come without me spending anything on ads.
Now you know how to bring more traffic to your website with a blog
Meanwhile, I’d like to hear from you.
Do you have a blog for your business?
Does your blog help you attract new leads?
Need help creating content or writing blogs that your audience loves?
If you’re looking for a content writer to help you write business blogs, I’d like to help!
Check out my Services page or send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must log in to post a comment.