Want to know which are the BEST FREE Instagram analytics apps?
Everyone knows that the secret to growing on Instagram is having high-quality content that your audience engages with. So how do you achieve that? Well, a good place to start is by checking your Instagram insights and find out what’s working and what isn’t.
In this post, I’ll review some of the best free Instagram analytics apps so you can decide which one to use to create better content. You do want better content, right? Okay, let’s dive right into the review.
The Best FREE Instagram Analytics Apps for Marketers
Watch this video to see a live review and demo of each of these apps.
- Instagram Insights (FREE)
The first app I want to talk about is Instagram Insights – available on your mobile app.
Score: 6/10 (good, but you can get better!)
- You don’t have to download a 3rd party app
- You can check your insights quickly, as soon as you log in
- You get a good set of analytics that cover: Followers, Content, Profile Activity and Reach
- It allows you to track your growth over the last 7 days
- A good app for personal users/influencers
- Not available on desktop
- You can’t export the stats (instead you need to screenshot the charts)
- You can’t get insights up to 30 days – so it’s not ideal for monthly reports
- No insights into competitors, hashtags or engagement
- If you’re a social media manager you’ll need to suppliment the insights with a 3rd party app
If you want to learn more about tracking your Instagram insights with the app itself, check out this video tutorial:
- Iconosquare (14-day Free Trial)
This app is probably the most popular analytics app for Instagram at this moment. And after trying it – I have fallen in love with it. But do I recommend it? Hmm… it’s a hard decision to make. I guess you have to try it to recognise it’s worth.
- Lifetime insights for up to 3 profiles
- complete set of Instagram insights (including followers, engagement, reach, profile activity & content)
- additional features: custom dashboard, 3 competitors, scheduling tools, Facebook & Twitter insights. industry benchmark (coolest feature)
- comes with minimum 3 profiles, so it’s great for social media managers & agencies
- you can generate auto-email reports
- Price after trial starts at $29/mo. and goes up to $200++ (depending on the no. of accounts)
- PDF reports are only available on the $59/mo. plan
- too expensive for new social media managers/freelancers
- each additional Intsgram profile costs $14.25/mo.
Learn more about Iconosquare here https://iconosquare.com/
- Ninjalitics (14-day Free Trial)
I’ve used this app for almost 2 years! And I like it because it’s a compact/minimal version of what you get on Iconosquare. The charts are less beautiful, but still quite valuable. The only downside (for me) is that the charts come with strong watermarks and cannot be used in professional reports.
- Insights up to 6 mo. for up to 100 profiles (*paid plan)
- A good selection of insights including: profile traffic, engagement, followers and content
- Additional features include: follow/unfollow rate and detailed post analytics (with visibility and attraction capability for each post)
- Comes with free email reports
- Competitor insights (separate tool)
- Price after the FREE trial starts from 19 Euro/month (10 accounts) and goes up to 40 Euro/month for 100 accounts
- The charts come with big watermark and are not the best looking in a professional report
- If you manage multiple clients, this can turn up as a lot of work to redesign the charts to look more appealing
- The FREE account only shows insights up to 7 days (which is less detailed than the Instagram app itself)
Learn more about Ninjalitics here https://business.ninjalitics.com
- Sharemyinsights (Free, and 7-Day Free Trial for Pro plan)
I started using their Pro plan and so far I’ve enjoyed it. It’s simple to use and you can even customise your own dashboard and generate reports for each of your clients. The only thing missing is a “send email to client button” and my life would be so much easier!
- Lifetime insights for as many profiles as you need
- A good range of insights including: overview, audience insights, business insights & detailed post insights
- Unique features include top best and worst hashtag, custom dashboard, and followers geographical locations track
- Comes with free bio linking tool & insights
- Email reports (available on paid plan)
- Paid plans start at $9/mo. (cheapest)
- No PDF reports so you need to import the charts & data into your own format
Learn more about Sharemyinsights here https://sharemyinsights.com/
- Facebook Creator Studio (FREE)
Score: 2/10 (This one is a disappointment – I don’t recommend)
While I love Facebook Creator Studio (and I use it) to schedule content for Instagram I have to say their analytics are the WORST I’ve come across. Don’t waste your time. I think you’re much better off checking your insights on your mobile Instagram app.
- The only available insights are: audience & activity
- Insights shown are up to 7 days only
- You get less analytics than on the Instagram app
- No ability to generate reports
- No stories insights
Log in to your Creator Studio here: https://business.facebook.com/creatorstudio/
If you’re struggling with growing on Instagram, you may find it useful to start tracking your Instagram insights and dive into analytics. I hope this review has helped you decide which Instagram analytics tools are worth your time – and which aren’t. Let me know if you need more help with analytics! Good luck.