This post is a 2022 review of Later.com – one of the most popular Instagram scheduling tools.
But is it good?
Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool?
We’re going to find out!
If you’re a social media manager, I’m sure you’ve probably heard about Later.com by now.
It’s not a surprise!
I’ve seen a lot of social media gurus recommending it and I receive a lot of questions about their analytics on a weekly basis.
Hey, influencer marketing done right! – I’ve got to give them points for that.
But does the Later.com scheduling tool measure up to my expectation as a full-time social media manager? How does it compare to other social media scheduling tools, and would I recommend it?
Let’s dive into the review to find out!
LATER.COM REVIEW (2022): SCHEDULING FEATURES
- How much does the subscription plan costs
- The main features on Later.com
- Who is it for
- Who it’s NOT for
- Do I recommend it
- My overall rating
Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool for marketers?
Later.com (14-day free trial)
Included: 1 set of socials, 3 users
Additional account: $20+/ month per account
- Scheduling content on Instagram, TikTok (doesn’t really schedule, just sends reminders), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Digital content calendar
- Instagram grid preview
- Media library
- Conversations management
- Collect media (hashtags, mentions, images)
- Instagram Analytics
- Link in Bio tool for Instagram
Below are some screenshots to give you an idea how the Instagram scheduling dashboard looks like:
- Instagram grid preview – shows you how your content will appear on Instagram
- Media Library – allows you to upload images from Google Drive and categorize them
- Analytics – shows you an overview of the post-performance, helps you track your profile growth, and linkin.bio stats
- Linkin.bio feature – allows you to create a custom URL and paste it in your Instagram bio
Below are some of the pros and cons of scheduling content with Later.com.
Pros of using Later.com:
- Supports cross posting on different social media channels
- Comes with a feed preview feature for Instagram
- Schedule FREE up to 30 posts each months
- Schedule videos & crop them into different sizes
- Choose a cover photo for your Instagram videos so your feed looks neat
- Easy to use for beginners
Cons of using Later.com:
- Claims that it schedules Instagram Stories & TikTok videos BUT that’s not true. The app doesn’t auto post for you and allows you to set phone reminders for these posts
- Comes with limited analytics: on the free plan you can only see analytics of the last 30 posts
- You can only see analytics for posts that are scheduled using Later
Looking for a complete tool for social media management? Read this post to find out the 7 Best Social Media Analytics tools that I highly recommend!
My thoughts after using Later.com for Instagram scheduling (on and off for 6 mo.)
Overall, the tool does what it claims: it helps you schedule Instagram posts and allows you to preview your feed. They have a free plan and offer free trials for their paid plans where you can test their analytics features.
That’s where the good things stop.
I am honestly not impressed by the features this tool offers, especially having tried almost every other social media tool out there (including Pallyy, Planoly, Hootsuite, Creator Studio, Buffer)
Sorry, I don’t get the hype.
I also feel that at $25/mo. per single Instagram profile, it’s quite highly-priced.
My honest opinion is that they charge higher than average fees because they pay marketing gurus and influencers commissions for recommending the app.
Later Review 2022: Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool?
Sorry guys, my overall rating for Later is 3/5.
My thoughts on Later.com: An average Instagram scheduling tool, that does the job, it’s fairly afforable but – it’s way overhyped!Tweet
You can quote me on that!
Later.com review conclusion:
Who is Later.com Instagram scheduling tool for?
- New business owners who want a tool that schedules content across multiple channels
- Someone who’s not really particular about tracking analytics
- Photographers who want to categorize their images with tags before posting
- Bloggers who run their own social media channel and want a simple to use tool
Who is Later.com not for?
- Social media agencies and freelancers who manage more than 3 accounts
- Anyone who expects to schedule Instagram stories with Later will end up disappointed
(Note: No social media platform is able to schedule Instagram Stories currently. Anyone who claims they do – well, isn’t telling you the truth)
So now that you’ve read my review, I want to know:
Have you tried Later.com? Do you think Later.com is the best Instagram scheduling tool?
Which social media scheduling tools do you use?