This post is a review of Later.com – one of the most popular Instagram scheduling tools. But is it worth your money in 2023?
Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool?
We’re going to find out!
If you’re a social media manager like me, I’m sure you’re probably heard about Later. I’ve found out about this social media scheduling tool after seeing popular Instagram influencers recommending it. I also started to receive a lot of questions about Later scheduling and analytics features on a weekly basis.
(Good job Later for #influencermarketing done right!)
But having heard so much about this tool, I was curious to find out:
- Can Later.com make my life as a full-time social media manager easier?
- Do they have all the necessary tools (analytics, scheduling, etc.) for complete social media management?
- How does Later compare to other social media scheduling tools,
- After trying it, would I recommend Later to anyone?
Let’s dive into the review to find out!
LATER.COM REVIEW (2023): #1: Social media scheduling features
This section will give you information about the following:
- How much does the subscription plan cost in 2023
- The most popular features on Later.com
- Who is it for? and who it’s NOT for?
- Do I recommend it?
- My overall rating
Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool for marketers?
#1: Price: How much does a subscription to Later cost in 2023?
- Has free trial? Yes (14-day free trial)
- Price: $25/month for 1 complete set of socials, and up to 3 users
- Additional account: $20+/ month per account
- Additional user: $5/month each
#2: Top Later Scheduling Features:
- Scheduling content on Instagram, TikTok (doesn’t really schedule, just sends reminders), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Digital content calendar
- Instagram grid preview
- Media library
- Conversations management
- Collect media (hashtags, mentions, images)
- Instagram Analytics
- Link in Bio tool for Instagram
#3: The Dashboard Look
Below are some screenshots to give you an idea how the Instagram scheduling dashboard looks like:
- Instagram grid preview – shows you how your content will appear on Instagram
- Media Library – allows you to upload images from Google Drive and categorize them
- Analytics – shows you an overview of the post-performance, helps you track your profile growth, and linkin.bio stats
- Linkin.bio feature – allows you to create a custom URL and paste it in your Instagram bio
#4: Pros and cons of scheduling content with Later.com
Pros of using Later.com:
- Supports cross posting on different social media channels
- Comes with a feed preview feature for Instagram
- Schedule FREE up to 30 posts each months
- Schedule videos & crop them into different sizes
- Choose a cover photo for your Instagram videos so your feed looks neat
- Easy to use for beginners
Cons of using Later.com:
- Claims that it schedules Instagram Stories & TikTok videos BUT that’s not true. The app doesn’t auto post for you and allows you to set phone reminders for these posts
- Comes with limited analytics: on the free plan you can only see analytics of the last 30 posts
- You can only see analytics for posts that are scheduled using Later
Looking for a complete tool for social media management? Read this post to find out the 7 Best Social Media Analytics tools that I highly recommend!
My thoughts & final review after using Later.com for Instagram scheduling (on and off for 1 year)
Overall, the tool does what it claims: it helps you schedule Instagram posts and allows you to preview your feed. They have a free plan and offer free trials for their paid plans where you can test their analytics features.
That’s where the good things stop.
I am honestly not impressed by the features this tool offers, especially having tried almost every other social media tool out there (including Pallyy, Planoly, Hootsuite, Creator Studio, Buffer)
Sorry, I don’t get the hype. I also feel that at Later’s price of $25/mo. per single Instagram profile, it’s quite high, especially if compared to Pallyy’s $15/mo for 1 set of socials.
My honest opinion is that they charge higher than average fees because they pay marketing gurus and influencers commissions for recommending the app.
Later Review 2023: Is Later.com the best Instagram scheduling tool?
My overall rating for Later is 3/5. An average Instagram scheduling tool, that does the job, but – it’s waaaay overhyped!
You can quote me on that.
Who is Later.com Instagram scheduling tool for?
- New business owners who want a tool that schedules content across multiple channels
- Someone who’s not really particular about tracking analytics
- Photographers who want to categorize their images with tags before posting
- Bloggers who run their own social media channel and want a simple to use tool
Who is Later.com not for?
- Social media agencies and freelancers who manage more than 3 accounts
- Anyone who expects to schedule Instagram stories with Later will end up disappointed
(Note: No social media platform is able to schedule Instagram Stories currently. Anyone who claims they do – well, isn’t telling you the truth)
So now that you’ve read my review, I want to know:
Have you tried Later.com?
Do you think Later.com is the best Instagram scheduling tool?
Which other social media scheduling tools do you recommend?
3 responses to “Later.com Review 2023: The Best Instagram Scheduling Tool? (Or Not?)”
You must log in to post a comment.