This post is a review of Later.com – one of the best social media scheduling tools for social media managers. If you’re a social media manager, I’m sure you’ve probably heard about Later one way or another.
This post is a review of Later.com – one of the best social media scheduling tools for social media managers.
If you’re a social media manager, I’m sure you’ve probably heard about Later one way or another.
It’s not surprise!
I’ve seen a lot of social media gurus recommending it and I receive a lot of questions about their analytics.
Hey, influencer marketing done right!
But does the Later app measure up to the market expectation?
After trying multiple social media scheduling tools, would I recommend it?
Let’s dive into the review.
- how much it costs
- the main features
- who is it for
- who is it NOT for
- do I recommend it
- my rating
Best social media scheduling tool for marketers?
Later.com (14-day free trial)
Included: 1 set of socials, 3 users
Additional account: $20+
- Scheduling on IG, TikTok, FB, Twitter, Li
- Calendar & Preview
- Media library
- Collect Media (hashtags, mentions, images)
- Link in Bio tool
- Supports cross posting on different social media channels
- Comes with a feed preview feature for Instagram
- Schedule FREE up to 30 posts each months
- Schedule videos & crop them into different sizes
- Choose a cover photo for your Instagram videos so your feed looks neat
- Scheduling Instagram Stories, & TikTok videos comes with mobile reminders, the app doesn’t auto post for you
- Very limited analytics: on the free plan you can only see analytics of the last 30 posts scheduled in the past 3 months using Later
- Advanced analytics available but on paid plans
Read this post to find out the 7 Best Social Media Analytics tools
My thoughts on Later for social media management:
I am underwhelmed by this tool, especially since so many new marketers come asking whether I recommend it.
I get it, it’s popular because it’s a complete tool that integrates scheduling, analytics and a link in bio tool.
However, I feel that at $25 per single Instagram profile it’s quite overpriced against their competitors.
Especially since there’s nothing unique of super amazing about their features.
I mean it’s a good planning and scheduling tool.
But it’s not the best nor the cheapest in the market.
I think they have a higher than average fees because they end up paying influencers a commission for recommending the app.
That being said, my overall rating for Later is 3/5.
A good tool, that does the job but others do it cheaper.
WATCH THE FULL LATER REVIEW ON YOUTUBE
Who is Later – social media tool for?
- New business owners who want a tool that schedules content across multiple channels and they are not really particular about tracking analytics
- Photographers who want to categorize their images with tags before posting
- Bloggers who run their own social media channel
Who is Later – social media tool not for?
- Social media agencies and freelancers who manage > 3 accounts.
- I feel there are other apps that give a better price for managing more accounts.
So now that you’ve read my review, I want to know:
Have you tried Later?
Which social media scheduling tools do you use?
You must log in to post a comment.