This post is all about the 4 amazing video editors for Instagram Reels you must try in 2021!
Instagram Reels have come as a popular alternative to TikTok videos.
And with the latest announcement from Instagram head – Reels videos are here to stay.
In fact, the company is moving swiftly towards becoming a “short, fun and entertaining” video-sharing platform.
As a content marketer, now it’s the best time to step up your game and learn how to edit Instagram Reels videos.
It’s not that hard.
All you need is a mobile phone and a few video editing apps.
In this article, I have summarised the best and most amazing video editors and websites to help you edit your Instagram Reels videos.
4 Amazing Video Editors for Instagram Reels in 2021
1. InShot app (FREE) – the best video editor for Instagram Reels
This is the first app that comes into my mind when editing Instagram Stories and Reels videos.
This powerful video editor comes with professional features to help you edit beautiful Instagram reels videos.
You can add music, transition effects, animated text, emojis, filters, and backgrounds to your videos – all for FREE.
The best part? You can remove the trademark on videos.
InShot app Features:
- Trim, cut, delete, merge and adjust video speed
- Add music, effects and voice-overs
- Lots of fun sound effects
- FREE music library
- Add text, emojis and stickers to video
- Change size of video (TikTok, Instagram Story, YouTube sizes available)
- High video quality: Export in 4k
- Share to social apps like YouTube, Instagram, Twitter etc.
Rating: 5/5 – best FREE video editing app for iPhone users
Available on IOS and Android
2. TikTok Editor (FREE)
TikTok is the sensation that started Instagram Reels in the first place.
So, it’s definitely a good tool to use for editing videos and sharing them on Reels.
The app comes with a wide range of filters, AR effects and a curated music library with millions of popular songs and most viral original sounds. You can record and edit your own videos with the in-built tools without leaving the app.
I think this app is also good to find trending content and inspiration for your Reels.
TikTok Editor Features:
- Record short videos (15 sec -60 sec)
- Edit videos (trim, cut, merge duplicate clips)
- Add free music and sound effects
- Discover popular and trending content
- Add filters, stickers, effects, AR objects to videos
- Download videos
- Share videos on Instagram, Facebook, chat
Rating 4/5 – fast and complete video editor but it downloads videos with trademark.
To download videos without the TikTok logo you need to go to a 3rd party link and do a conversion.
Other than that, the app is super intuitive and easy to use.
Try it here (Available on IOS and Andoid)
3. VN editor (FREE) – best FREE video editors for Instagram Reels
This app is free and easy to use and allows you to create videos without a watermark.
Great if you’re a beginner with editing videos or a professional.
With this app, you’ll create high-quality videos that you can share on Instagram Reels.
VN Editor Features:
- Sort and shift videos
- Save drafts
- Voice recording
- Video preview
- Transitions and effects
- Reverse and zoom
- Picture in Picture
- Keyframe animations
- Import music, fonts and stickers
- Text effects
- HD video quality
Overall rating: 5/5 – you get all the editing features you’d find on a paid app for FREE
Get it now FREE!
Available on most Desktop and mobile devices
4. Adobe Premiere Rush (FREE and Paid)
This app allows you to shoot, edit and share videos using different devices (eg, phone, iPad, laptop) and is perfect for those who work on the go.
Premiere Rush is great for beginner to medium-level video editors and especially those who want to transition to a professional video editing software like Premiere Pro.
The app is easy to use and creates beautiful videos with professional in-built fonts and effects.
Adobe Premiere Rush Features:
- Easy editing and effects
- Built-in camera for recording videos
- Adjust speed, trim, crop, mirror and flip videos
- Add images, overlays and stickers
- Drag and drop feature
- Animated titles
- Royalty-free soundtracks
- Share your videos to Facebook, Instagram or TikTok
- Upgrade to PRO access additional premium features (titles, overlays, graphics)
- 4k video export
Overall rating: 5/5 – best Instagram Reels video editor for editing on the go and across multiple devices
Try it FREE! (Available on mobile, Ipad and Desktop)
As we move towards a video-centric Instagram, content creators need to learn and master editing Instagram Reels videos.
These are some of the most amazing video editors for Instagram Reels you should try in 2021.
Your turn: which apps do you use to edit Instagram videos?
How do you feel about my list?