In social media marketing, you need powerful tools to maximize your efficiency.
The latest apps have become so good at helping bloggers, influencers and marketers work faster.
We can now load images into a digital scheduler and autopost at the best times for engagement.
If you haven’t tried using a social media scheduler yet – you’re in luck!
I’ve tried every single social media scheduling tool out there, and I wrote this post to help you decide which scheduling tool is best for you.
Are all social media planners good?
There are no bad social media schedulers. There’s just schedulers that fit exactly what you’re looking for – and some that don’t. Luckily, there’s plenty of options for everyone.Tweet
The options you get when you start searching for a social media planner can be consuming.
Some planners come with scheduling only.
Others include team management, detailed analytics, reports, email marketing, and even integration with other apps.
However, these (the latter) are more costly and if you’re a beginner you may find using them overwhelming.
Unless you’re a marketing wizard.
In that case, you’ll love them.
How much does a social media scheduler cost?
Some schedulers are completely free, others have a limited-time free trial so you can test it before you subscribe.
But the average monthly cost of using a scheduling tool is around $20 – $30/mo.
The more channels you manage, the higher the price will go.
If you’re managing a single account, then you can get these schedulers for FREE.
Without further ado …
Here are the top 3 Social Media Planning Tools for bloggers:
In the next section, I’m going to rate each scheduler based on the following:
- unique features
- channels supported
- some cons (because nobody’s perfect!) 🤩
Best Social Media Planners for Bloggers and Influencers
1. Buffer – best for minimalists who post a lot
Buffer is one of my favourite scheduling and analytics tools for managing my personal content.
It has a minimal look and it’s really easy to use.
I love that the Publishing features allow you to set your custom posting schedule. This helped me optimize my posting.
So if you’re someone who likes to post multiple times a day, tracks best times to post and likes to schedule Tweets – I highly recommend using Buffer!
- Free for up to 3 channels, $6/month, $12/month,
- Each additional channel $12/month
- Clean and neat user interface
- Build and track hashtag campaign performance
- Collaborate with team members
- Track post insights and save them into PDF reports
- Create your custom posting schedule (date, times)
- Buffer has additional features such as Engagement and Analytics, but you have to pay extra for these add-ons on top of Publishing.
- Does not include a visual calendar to preview your Instagram grid
Update: The calendar view is now under Beta testing!
So we may see this feature on Buffer soon.
2. Later – best for those obsessing over their Instagram grid
If you’re anywhere on Instagram, I’m sure you’ve heard about Later.
Later is a visual planning tool aimed at helping bloggers and photographers to curate and design their Insta grids.
So if you’re someone who cares A LOT about the look of your feed – I think you will like Later.
- Free for 1 social set, $15/month, $25, $40/month
- Additional channel for $15-$40/month
- Visual planner
- Link in bio integration
- Media library with tags for sorting images
- Integration with Unsplash for stock images
- Makes fake promises (claims to schedule TikToks, Instagram Stories and Reels – when in fact all they do is send you a reminder it’s time to post)
3. Planoly – best for bloggers who want to feel fancy
Planoly looks and feels fancy!
And it is … everything about the user interface of this app is so … “modern” and makes me feel great about seeing my pre-planned feed.
I love the look of the content calendar and the experience of creating every new post on Planoly – from adding my saved hashtags, to seeing the feed preview, and replying to comments.
Planoly just makes me happy 😊
- Free for 1 Instagram + 1 Pinterest, $9, $19, $29/month
- Visual calendar that helps you plan your Instagram feed
- Save Hashtag into groups
- Reply comments
- Simple and easy to use
- Not for people looking for detailed analytics
- No reports or stats into co competitors
Do you agree with my list of Top Social Media Planners for Bloggers and Influencers?
What are your favourite tools to manage your social content?
Let me know below.