Reflecting on my 2021 goals and planning my 2022 strategy for my Social Media Agency.
Hey-Hey! 👋 It’s been a while since I haven’t shared any business updates.
In this post, I’m excited to tell you the latest about my 2022 Strategy, Business direction, YouTube channel and more things #Alle.
2021 In Review: Not a Great Year For My Business Growth
For those of you who don’t know me: “Welcome! I’m your social media pal, Alle.”
Yup, no other way to put it! It is what it is 😍 🙌
True confession: 2021 was a very challenging year for me.
Professionally, personally and mentally – In 2021, I struggled to keep things together while trying to make it feel and look normal on social media. 😪
I know many of you can say the same.
That’s part of the reason why I’m taking things slowly when planning for 2022.
So, let’s start planning.
Planning My 2022 Strategy & Goals
If you’re planning with me, start by asking yourself:
- Where am I going this year?
- What’s my business goal?
- What are the changes I want to make?
These are not easy questions to answer.
Sometimes it’s easier to think about the things we don’t want our business: ⬇️
- I don’t want to be stuck in a no-growth business
- I don’t want to work with toxic clients who aren’t sure why they’re marketing online
- I don’t want to work 24/7 – why did I leave corporate again?
So, here’s where I’m at in terms of goals right now:
- I want to build more passive income through affiliates, YouTube and selling evergreen digital products.
- I want to 2x my income from Social Media Services by hiring a teammate
- I want to spend more time writing high-quality SEO blog posts for tech companies
- I want to write 10 guest posts for Top 100 tech websites in 2022
New Year, Streamlined Social Media Services!
Part of my job leading my social media agency is to make sure that I’m being profitable.
Thus, the services I’m offering need to be efficient – or else they’re getting “CANCELLED!” – kidding.
Next, I am auditing my social media services and putting them into 3 categories:
- Services that are profitable (I am going to keep in 2022)
- Services that are making a loss or not attracting enough clients (I will stop in 2022)
- New Services that I want to explore in 2022
Let’s go 1 by 1.
First, Services that performed well last year and I am planning to keep doing in 2022
I like to start by looking at the things (services, tasks, tools) that worked well in my business 2021. These were essential in the past and hopefully, they’re going to help me maximize my ROI in the future.
The services that brought the most ROI in 2021 were:
- SEO Blog Writing: Among all my freelance services, blog writing has the highest ROI and requires the lowest effort. It’s also the longest service I’ve offered and I could say that I’ve mastered it.
- Social Media Content: My second most popular service is monthly social media content. This is something I am trully passionate about but the ROI needs to improve. It’s also the most time consuming service I offer and it holds me back from getting more clients.
- I’m planning to fix this by hiring a teammate.
Thus, these are the 2 services that I am bringing forward in 2022.
However, there’s a slight twist!
That’s a really interesting niche and I’m excited to focus more on these types of companies and brands in the future.
Next, let me tell you about the services/parts of my business that I’ve decided to stop offering in 2022:
- Online courses: I will not be releasing any new marketing courses in 2022. This is simply because they’re very time consuming to reasearch, plan and market. Not to mention that the income from my previous 2 courses did not even cover my time spent working on the course.
Finally, I am excited to try some new stuff in my business.
These are the new services that are coming soon!
- 6-week Social Media Group Coaching – YES! A lot of people have been asking me to start a group coaching program and it’s finally happening.
- SEO Blog Writing Workshop – because SEO is a powerhouse! And if you’re ready to start writing in 2022 you definitely should master SEO.
Meanwhile, the YouTube channel will continue to be a priority.
Planning my 2022 strategy & goals
2022 has to be the year of growth for me.
I’ve already invested all my time and put my passion for writing first.
Make sure you follow me on social media to stay up to date with new services, tips and tricks!
Have a great 2022!