Social Media Marketers: Want to Create Engaging Video Content? Start right here!
The rise of social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube has taken online marketing platforms by storm. Consumerism has increased, and content is flourishing like never before. Now more than ever all types of content from educational to entertainment, are available at the touch of a button.
In this article, we’re sharing five easy steps for creating an engaging video that can help you deliver the best performance.
Why Video is the #1 Form of Content on Social Media
Visual media is more likeable than text-friendly media due to its ability to engage with and affect the audience on a deeper level. But simply posting the videos will not suffice; you must provide what is required to capture the attention of the viewers.
The craze and madness for visual marketing over other forms of social media marketing have increased by 52% in the last two years. For these reasons, 87% of marketers use visual marketing for their products. With the increasing demand for visual promotion of products, the quality of these videos has also increased drastically.
Visual marketing is a highly competitive field in itself. It requires high-quality videos; otherwise, there will not be any sustainable engagement between marketing companies and consumers. A sustainable relationship between the two can be ensured through interesting videos.
An engaging video captivates the viewers; therefore, companies these days are in search of creators who have mastered the art of video making. If you want to create such videos, continue reading.
Five ways to Create Engaging Video Content for social media
#1: Encourage Interactions
Interactivity is the most important component for any video to be engaging. It allows you to have back-and-forth conversations with people. These conversations can arouse curiosity and get people to watch your video. The subject of the talk also needs to be catchy and intriguing.
You must be aware that people thrive on validation through social media interactions. Therefore, getting people engaged through direct visuals is a great way to connect with them, and it is much easier these days. Being direct with the viewers is always important. It makes you appear confident and trustworthy.
PS: It never hurts to ask your viewers a question that they can reply in the comments.
#2: Write Attractive Video Titles
The first thing that engages people with your video is its title. People get attracted by video titles; therefore, try to have intriguing video titles that can immediately arouse curiosity in the viewers to the extent where they cannot help but click and watch the video. Make sure to have titles that are easy to search for and the types that are generally thought-able.
Titles can either make or spoil a video. Therefore, try to give them the best effect you can, make them appear attractive, use appropriate fonts, colours, etc.
- Write relevant titles to engage people
- Avoid clickbait and build trust
- Keep the title short; not complex
- Feature the most important piece of information (keywords)
#3: Thumbnails Help You Get More Clicks
Thumbnails are just as important as titles, as they both catch the attention of the audience first. So, whether someone will view your video or skip it depends on the impression created by the thumbnails.
For brand promotion, thumbnails can work wonders in engaging the audience. So, make sure to put the best and the most important elements of your entire video in the thumbnail.
Make sure you use the appropriate tool to customise your thumbnail. If you don’t happen to find such a tool, there’s no need to worry. You can look for a cool template online and can redact it with your artistry.
Bonus Tip: Keep your videos short
Also, keep the duration short use an online video cutter to do the job whenever you think the duration of the video is long. Short videos are great for social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat. This is because users usually scroll quickly and have a short time.
Points to remember before you make a thumbnail for videos:
- Make your thumbnails appear genuine and include the most important element of your video in them.
- Don’t forget to use high-quality, eye-catching images, fonts, colours, etc.
- Refrain from using deception or clickbait in your thumbnail.
- Use strong, emotive words and visual effects. Also, use images depicting various expressions to entice your audience.
4: Share Valuable Information
The video should be informative; it should provide something worthwhile for the audience. They should not consider your video as just another video. Provide your viewers with all relevant and important information and facts. The more authentic the information you provide, the more engagement you can create.
Avoid spreading any misinformation so that the audience can trust you. With trust, engagement develops automatically over time. Also, deliver the information with a relevant tone–professional or formal–to make your audience take you seriously.
- You can present the facts in snippets to make the process less monotonous for the audience and easily digestible. Just make sure to keep the information relevant to the main topic.
- Use relevant words to keep your information short and precise.
- Keep your sentences short and direct so that your audience can process the information without losing sight of the main point.
- You should also inform your readers about your audience: which publication you work for, what position you hold in academia, and what type of content you will provide in the future. All of this saves time and keeps you engaged with relevant audiences.
#5: Show your Creativity with different Camera angles
The camera angle is the most important piece of equipment when it comes to conveying emotions to your audience. The right camera angle can make any shot sublime and engaging. Whether you want the character or yourself to appear powerful, relaxed, or confident, it all depends upon how you use the camera.
Extra tips for filming engaging video content:
- Plan ahead of time which camera angle will work best for your project.
- You can choose from a wide shot, a medium shot, a low-angle shot, a close-up shot, a point-of-view shot, a high-angle shot, or a cutaway shot.
- Because each camera angle is designed to capture a specific emotion, make sure to use the appropriate camera angles.
- Showcase your creativity by using a variety of camera angles. Creativity is triggered when you look at things from different perspectives.
Conclusion: 5 Ways To Create Engaging Video Content
Video content is the best form of content for marketers. It can massively increase your engagement rate and help you reach more people on social media. The 5 tips we shared in this post are some effective ways to make the most of your marketing efforts while creating video content for social media.
You must log in to post a comment.