Need a break from Instagram? or just looking for a quick way on how to delete Instagram account? Luckily for you, Instagram allows you to either temporarily deactivate your account or permanently delete it. I’ll show you how to do both in this post! The best part? It only takes 2 minutes!
Let’s get started.
What’s the difference between “Permanently Deleted “and “Temporary Deactivated” Instagram Account?
When you’re trying to delete your account you’ll find that there are two options. You can either deactivate your account or delete it.
Deactivate your Instagram account if:
- you want to take a temporary break from break from Instagram
- you still want to keep your photos, comments and stats to come back to
- you want to have your account information hidden from public & followers for a limited time
- you want to keep your existing username (so nobody else can use it)
Delete your Instagram account if:
- you want to close your Instagram account forever
- you don’t mind losing all your existing followers, photos and statistics about your posts (eg. no of likes, impressions, etc.)
- you don’t want to use back your existing username (it will be available for anyone to use it once you delete your page)
Note: if your Instagram profile has been deactivated (or banned) by Instagram for any breach against their Community Guidelines, you won’t be able to create a new account with the same username (even if you delete your account).
Learn more about how I got my Instagram account reinstated in this post.
How to delete my Instagram account?
Whether you’re looking for a short break or a permanent one, you have two options to delete your Instagram account, detailed below:
Option 1: How to delete Instagram account on a mobile app
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Click on your username at the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to Account Info
- Click on Delete my account
- Confirm your decision (Permanently delete or Temporary Deactivate)
Option 2: How to delete Instagram account on a PC, or Laptop
- Log into your Instagram profile on a PC or laptop
- Click on your profile icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Click on Account
- Click on the Temporary Deactivate Account
- Choose the option to Permanently delete the page
Go to your Instagram profile -> Settings
Now you know 2 ways you can use to delete or deactivate your account Hope you’ve found this post useful.
You must log in to post a comment.