Learning how to find and view Instagram Insights on a desktop computer has never been easier! Get the latest 2023 tips and tricks here with this comprehensive guide!
If you run a business with an Instagram account, viewing your Instagram Insights on desktop can help you monitor trends and optimize your profile. In this guide, I’ll show you 3 different ways to view your Instagram insights on Desktop – from beginner to advanced!
Step 1: Getting Started with Instagram Analytics
To view insights for your Instagram account, you must have a business or creator profile. Once switched to a business profile, you’ll get direct access to all of the available information and metrics about your Instagram account. To do this:
- Click on “Settings” from your Instagram profile page
- Select “Switch to Business Profile”
- You will then be prompted to connect your Instagram account with a Facebook Page in order to continue
- Done! you now have access to detailed analytics
Step 2: View Basic Insights in Creator Studio
Creator Studio is the official scheduling tool that works for both Facebook and Instagram. Their analytics are available on Desktop but they are very basic.
What Instagram analytics can you track with Creator Studio?
- You’ll find metric trends such as impressions and reach from 7-30 days back – perfect for tracking small changes happening every month!
- It’s even possible to view the times your followers are most active as well as their location, and engagement metrics for individual posts too.
- All of this information is easy to digest and allows you to stay informed about your Instagram performance.
However, you cannot view detailed charts and export PDF reports. For this, I recommend witching to a third-party analytics tool.
Step 3: View In-Depth Trends and Insights on Desktop with Pallyy
Accessing Instagram Insights from Pallyy’s desktop dashboard is straightforward. All you need to do is log in with your Facebook account, and give the app access to your Instagram account data. From there, you’ll be directed to a dashboard page where you can find ‘Instagram Insights’ or ‘Analytics’ from the left-hand side.
- Top Posts insights shows you a list of individual posts, which you can rank by a list of metrics (likes, comments, engagement rate, reach, impressions, etc.). This is a great way to ensure that your content is tailored to your audience’s preferences and interests!
- You can also benchmark your Instagram performance against your closest competitors – helping you understand their most popular content, growth and strategy.
In-depth Instagram analytics you can track with Pallyy:
- Analyze your audience demographics for strategic placement of content
- Understand your top posts and most engaged topics over time
- Identify your top hashtags for engagement & reach
- Find your top post formats for likes, comments etc.
- Track your Instagram competitors and learn their strategy
- Repost and cross-share your most engaged content for more views
- Create custom Instagram analytics reports
- Download PDF reports or send them to anyone via a Link
Video: How to use Pallyy to schedule social media posts.
So there you have it! In this post I showed you 3 ways to view your Instagram insights from desktop – from beginner to advanced level. Understanding analytics helps you strategically publish content where it can be best absorbed, leading to better results in the long run. Keep in mind that you need to have a Business profile linked with a Facebook page in order to have access to analytics.
One response to “How To View Instagram Insights on Desktop (Updated 2023)”
[…] Might be too soon to answer – but I’ll report back on my findings after a few months of tracking my Instagram insights! […]
You must log in to post a comment.