Let me show you how to schedule Instagram Reels in advance and save time!
Instagram videos have soared in popularity in 2022. Instagram CEO has recently confirmed that Reels have been given a higher ranking in the algorithm to encourage users to post more video content on the app. But videos are more tricky to create than regular posts, so my advice is to film them in batches and schedule them in advance – unless you want to spend 24/7 posting content on Instagram.
How to schedule Instagram Reels in advance?
Scheduling Instagram Reels in advance can be done easily using a scheduling tool of your choice. In this post, I’ll show you a few ways you can schedule Instagram Reels for free and boost your engagement. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Create your Instagram Reel
First, create or edit your reel and save it as a draft. You can record your Reels directly on Instagram using the Reels camera mode. But if you’re looking to increase your productivity I would suggest using a third-party editor like CapCut or InShot to edit reels faster and download them on your mobile phone.
To record a reel on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the “+” button
- Select “Reels”
- Press & hold the button at the centre of the screen to record your Reel. Alternatively, you can edit a pre-designed Reels template by swiping to the right.
- In the Reels editor, you can add fun elements like animated text, GIFs, music, and filters to make your Reel more engaging.
Tip: Reels are short videos that can be up to 90 seconds long. However, the most engaging reels are between 10 – 25 seconds.
Step 2: Schedule Reels using a Calendar Tool
Next, use a third-party social media scheduling tool to plan when each post goes live. There are a lot of tools that allow you to schedule Reels but the one that I use and recommend is Pallyy.
How to schedule Instagram reels from Pallyy:
- Go to your Dashboard (desktop or mobile)
- Use the calendar function to create a new post and choose when you want your reel to be posted
- Upload your video and add in the details of your post, such as captions, location, emojis and hashtags
- Optional: use their inbuilt AI-caption generator tool to get ideas for captions & hashtags
- Once you’ve completed your post, hit “schedule” and your reel will be posted at the scheduled time!
Tip: You can also schedule Instagram Stories with Pallyy, but you need to download their mobile app (free) and get notified when it’s time to post!
You must log in to post a comment.